Friday 12 April 2013

Sketches (Final Design Project) - 12th April 2013

The final design project topic given to us was "Social Media Issues". Its quite a wide topic and it took me awhile to chose what I wanted to focus on. The topic I chose is "Rape- an issue in the Social Media"
We were asked to come up with different sketches for our final art project. Here are a few that I came up with.
 

 This sketch shows a woman/girl being threatened. I wanted to focus more on the context of rape as a whole. I have used a black ink calligraphy pen to give the sketch some finishing touches.  

This is a watercolur drawing of a woman who is screaming ( showing emotion).Here i tried to focus more on the emotional context of rape  and how it is being dealt with, i wanted to portray the pain the woman goes through physically as well as emotionally.


This is also another watercolour drawing that depicts emotion. I wanted to capture the feelings and emotions of a rape victim. I have also tried to indicate depression by using the water colour paint to run down the painting to show textural balance.



As i went indepth with my chosen topic i wanted to connect the emotional aspects of a rape victim with the aspects of social media and how it is becoming an issue in society. this black ink drawing depicts the emotional status of a rape victim and how she is questioning herself and reality. The question mark symbolizes her confusion with reality and herself and the other elements would symbolize the other aspects of life she is having to deal with; social media can be an example.

The Main IDEA for my FINAL DESIGN PROJECT
This idea was based on an article "How the media removes Rape victim's voices." It  indicated that children who were sexually abused/ raped were given a teddy bear where they would draw on it, what had happened (How they were raped). It helped them communicate without having to voice out whatever that happened. I felt that this context seemed relevant in my chosen topic as not only do i want to create a drawing i also want to send out a message to society as a whole. Hence i went ahead with the idea of the "teddy bear" and connected it with the emotional aspects that a rape victim goes through; Having to deal with the media as well as the other emotionally draining aspects that play a role in her life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment